Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A date with the Devil.

Argh! Argh! It’s 06.06.06! That’s three zeros in a row which is the number you dial in an emergency! And oh my gosh, it’s also three sixes in a row! Awooga, awooga! Abandon ship! Nail bits of crooked wood over the windows! Don’t eat the salmon mousse! I just saw a cat and a dog out the window sitting on a couch smoking a pipe together! The end times are upon us...

Or not? Who’s to say if Satan operates by our Gregorian calendar? Maybe he’s still using the Julian one, or has progressed to the Holocene calendar, or he’s possibly even developed his own demonic version?! Our 06.06.06 might be a public holiday on his Demonorian calender and he’s actually taken the day off?

Whatever the case, I’m just glad I’ve got Jesus watching my back. See you tomorrow.

UPDATE: Well, we survived. Thank Heavens. I think the greatest danger (besides the normal one of having YOUR FACE EATEN OFF) came from the swarm of press releases swooping through the air like a murder of crows. Seems like every man and his Cerberus was releasing some hell-related product yesterday. Nothing like a good gimmick, I guess?

3 comments:

  1. It's generally accepted that "666" refers to Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, that well-known persecutor of Christians.

    So while I am keeping an eye out for power-crazed young men sleeping with their mothers before ordering them killed and setting fire to the city, I am otherwise not too concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we survived. Thank Heavens.

    Don't be so sure. It's still 6/6/06 in California for another 3 minutes.

    (Then again, if anything happens there, we can assume Jack Bauer's got it covered.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be too worried about California. Given his experience battling Satan in New York, I'm sure Arnie would be happy to pitch in as well.

    ReplyDelete