Friday, May 19, 2006

Three-piece suits and plates on boots.

Chuck D, (rhyme animal, prophet of rage, middle-class rap superstar, personal teenage role-model and way better half of seminal hip-hop outfit Public Enemy) once observed that, “These days you can’t see who’s in cahoots, ‘cause now the KKK wears three-piece suits. It’s like that y’all, it’s like that y’all, in fact you know it’s like that y’all.” (That last sentence wasn’t really relevant, but once you’re on Chuck’s rhyme-train, it’s hard to get off.) He definitely had a point, but I believe times have changed, and that there’s mounting evidence to show the Klan aren’t keeping as low-profile as they once were. Just have a look at this car if you think I’m wrong.


Mere chance? I think not. Do you think anyone but a Grand Dragon of the KKK would be happy driving around with that number plate? And on a white car too! Now they’re just getting cocky! How long till they get the pointy, white dunce hoods back on and out into the street? I’m not sure what the ‘121’ part of the plate is meant to mean, but it’s bound to be sinister. Maybe it’s some sort of provocative ‘one-to-one’, mano-a-mano, glove-slapping throwdown to any non-whites passing on by? Chuck, I think we need you and your shovel back bringin’ tha noize now more than ever, you know what I’m sayin'?

1 comment:

  1. And yet, in two years I've never seen you again, bdfytoday? Was it something I did? Did you want more posts about Chuck D? Hey, I can understand, but not every post can be about the PE. This just isn't that sort of blog, but, look, I'll see what I can do. Brother's gonna work it out, bdfytoday.

    ReplyDelete