Saturday, April 01, 2006

Infantile humour.

I was going to post some sort of ‘Kate’s gone into labour!’ or ‘We’ve named the baby Chyleigh-Lee’ April Fool’s Day joke, but decided it might not be appropriate. Or even funny, you know? I haven’t played an April Fool’s hoax since I was a teenager, when I replaced my Mum’s crystal glasses with plain glass tubes from a heater we were throwing out, then while Mum was having breakfast in the next room, I went to the cupboard and while innocently asking how old the glasses were, I started smashing the tubes to bits with a ceramic mug. Misjudged the humour potential on that one, I did.

Anyway, what I will tell you is that Kate’s been so inspired by this Britney Spears sculpture that’s just squeezed out a storm of controversy, that she’s decided to give birth on a bearskin rug as well!


Lucky me; I got to spend all yesterday driving around to discount rug clearance centres trying to track one down, and finally secured a cracker at a price never to be repeated.

I am relieved that at this stage it looks like ‘Alpha’ won’t be born on April Fool’s Day. That’d be a lifetime of hilarity right there: “No, that’s right. It actually is my birthday today. I wasn’t trying to trick you, but that’d be a good one, wouldn’t it? Have to try that next year!” You’d have to join a club with all the February 29th babies: “Yes, I guess that’s right; I am only 6! Never thought about it like that before!” Good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment