Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Distinguished guests.

I arrived at the hospital this morning, and caught the lift up from the carpark to the Level 1 foyer, where I stepped out into a deep blue sea of suits. From nowhere an amplified voice suddenly boomed in my ear, and there, surely no more than ten metres away, was Bracksy - sorry, The Hon. Bracksy - welcoming me to The Austin!


I couldn’t believe it! How’s that for the government serving the people?! I’m not even a member of his electorate! He was making a speech about Winter’s healthy future or something, and I’ve got to say I was impressed. If only John So had been there as well…

5 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, my idea for a Healthy Future for Victoria also involves Bracksy in a hospital...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I know you're being serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll assume that you mean you know I am exaggerating my true feelings, rather than adopting an ironic pose.

    I hope you don't think I'm the sort of person who lays in wait for Labor pollies with a large iron bar.

    Besides, I'll be out of town that night. With witnesses.

    ReplyDelete