Saturday, October 14, 2006

A voice crying out from the wilderness.

CK's rattling the bones of a thread four months dead, and he wants to know if he's wasting his time? It's a timely comment because a Blogger feature I feel is greatly needed is the ability to check for any recent comments across all posts on a blog. I get emailed comments for mine, but, and maybe you'll be surprised to hear, I do read blogs other than my own. An RSS feed for comments could be ok, but I'd like a link on the main page to a list of recent comments over the entire blog.

I've been to Blogger's Wishlist page and let them know, but who knows if the masses are with me? Triple J, when are you going to write your own blogging code for me to use, so I can send my feature requests straight to the head of the queue? I want access, and I want features implemented, and I can't do it myself! Only you can set this right!

There: I've put the challenge out. Let's see who delivers first! :-)

UPDATE: I've just upgraded(?) to the all-new Blogger beta, with all-new features that promise to solve the climate crisis, wipe out Third World debt and cure the common cold. I've been putting it off for a while because the new features didn't interest me that much, but I finally decided to join the club. Wish I hadn't bothered now. Nothing's been ticked off my wishlist, and it seems that people's profile pictures no longer appear next to their comments. Maybe it only shows the pictures of people who are also on Blogger beta? Who knows. Maybe you should all get on the Beta bus and we can find out? I can't go back, but you can move forward...

UPDATE 2: Hup: the profile pics are back. Goodo.

8 comments:

  1. Yes! It's a blog about me and I am first to comment! What to say, what to say.... hmmm...

    I like those yellow candy banannas... but I hate the taste of real banannas... It doesn't make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ - I used to hate tomatoes, but loved tomato sauce, so I know what you're talking about. But I think you can make anything taste good if you add enough sugar to it. :-) My problem with bananas is the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So why don't they grow them more sugary, or inject them with liquid sugar at the factory, like donoughts? Jam Banannas... it might solve the problem, especially if they put chocolate with sprinkles on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some bananas last night. The first ones we have purchased since the rate rise. I picked up 4 bad boys at 3 bucks each. We are waiting for them to ripen so they are great when we eat them. They are the fist ones I have seen that even look remotely any good. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CK - "Donoughts" could work as a brand name. They're the right shape, after all. Although it does sound a lot like 'Dreadnought', which could be a bit intimidating.

    Bomber - $12 for four bananas? Madness. Didn't you eat enough banana in Fiji? I ate so many I'd be happy for Cyclone Lazbangs to swing by for another shot. And now Tasmania's all frosty, we might have to head back to Fiji for some apricots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Blogger Beta is giving me the sh!ts... It asks me on every screen if I would like to display unsecure items... and no it aint my settings as my setting rock so had they are turning into sand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep Bombalomba, I'm sorry. If I could go back I would, but I can't. I haven't had that problem, so I have no idea what the cause of the unsecure items might be. Maybe JJ does? Are you using IE or Firefox? Why don't you try migrating to Beta as well, and see if it still does the same thing? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny that I'm on a Mac using Safari, and I don't seem to be having issues, especially as Blogger only supports Safari casually.

    ReplyDelete