Wednesday, October 18, 2006

iFind Nothing.


What was that old Microsoft slogan? Oh yes, 'Where do you want to go today?' Well, hopefully it's to someplace you've been before, because this ol' Windoze machine ain't gunna be any help at all. :-)

UPDATE: I WAS WRONG. In sniping cheekily at Microsoft, I've done nothing but expose my own technamalogical ignorance. This screen indicates a hardware error, and there's every possibility, indeed it's quite likely, that this machine is not running Windows. Poor old Bill's got enough to deal with, without some smug little blogging nobody firing spitballs at his much-maligned child. In my defence, I can only argue that, like a Windows machine, I'm prone to errors.

5 comments:

  1. What makes you think that is a Windows machine? It's obviously set up to boot from a CD, and the CD could have any OS on it.

    And of course, even if it does run Windows, the problem it's having in that picture is nothing to do with Windows. It's either a hardware fault or a dud CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo JJ

    I wish we had a good and noble ruler like Bill Gates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh,

    As a good libertarian, I don't trust any ruler. Least of all those with pretensions to goodness and/or nobility.

    That said, if I was to be trapped on a desert island with either of them, I'd vastly prefer Bill Gates to Steve Jobs.

    But, as I said, I don't know why we're talking about Bill Gates, or Microsoft, or Windows here. The computer in the picture is unable to read the boot sector of the CD or DVD-ROM it is trying to boot from.

    I can't run Windows XP on my portable CD player either. That's not Microsoft's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In sniping cheekily at Microsoft, I've done nothing but expose my own technamalogical ignorance.

    If it's any consolation, you probably would have got away with it if it wasn't for that meddling... er, me.

    In my long-ago days as a Tech Support operator for an ISP, one of the three phrases that would frequently get our company off the hook with an irate customer was:

    "It's Microsoft's fault."

    No prizes for guessing the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been some time since we have had a pic or two of winter on the site?!?

    ReplyDelete