Friday, February 17, 2006

The great escape.

An expression of exertion is rarely an attractive thing. Like yawning, it usually makes you look like a moron. Especially with footballers in mid-kick, although there might be other contributing factors there as well. Who’s to say?

Anyway, here’s mine. Taken on my way out from under the house after a couple of hours running cables.


I needed a second phone port and a couple of network points around the house, so I enlisted cable guru, Davet (who’s mad for it), to make it happen. Somehow I ended up on mole duty under the house. I guess that's Davet's experience showing.

Wouldn’t have been too bad actually, except for the central heating pipe things that crisscross the area like a giant blue anaconda stuffed under the floorboards. In the confined space it becomes quite an obstacle, and like some life-sized game of Snake, you need to think ahead or you end up trapped.

With shouted guidance from Davet, I weaved my way in the heat through the dirt, dust, bricks, rocks, and even around a dead bird, until after a couple of hours of hyper-extensions and painful contortions, I struggled out: mission successful. You don’t realise how far you can bend and how small a space you can fit into until you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment