Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back in 7.

Well, nothing lasts forever. We've had a golden run of 15 degree days here in Melbourne, but now I'm off to Fiji for Ahab & Naomi's wedding, and the weather sites tell me to expect high 20s. Glory, it's an old-fashioned heatwave. But it's ok because I'm only gone for a week and will be back in no time to catch the tail-end of the best winter we've had in a long time. Although a bit of rain would've been nice.

Leaving the family at home to enjoy the central heating will of course be difficult, but the real challenge will come from having absolutely no internet access for the longest time since I first plugged into the... big binary road thingy oh so many years ago. It's like unplugging from the Matrix. I'll be like Agent Smith when the data stream disappears. The music will fade and die! I'll be like... that guy in... some movie I can't quite recall, who's spent his whole life plugged into something and then the soundtrack swirls as he disconnects for the first time. Probably for love. JJ, can you help me out here? So, no internet for a week! What might happen? Can I possibly survive? I'll know soon enough. It's like I'm about to undergo an experiment, like... oh no! Like Big Brother, I guess. I'm off to an isolated location with a bunch of people, most of whom I don't know, where I'll be denied my daily bread of family, mobile reception and the internet. Argh! It's Big Brother: Fijian Island. The horror.

So enjoy your time to yourself, be good while I'm gone, and see you again shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Poor old Post will be absolutely horrified upon his return to learn that a grammatical typo was sitting there for the whole world to read for a whole week. You think I joke. But seriously, he will be devastated. I'd go in and edit it for him, but I don't know how. Actually he's probably desperately trying to find an internet cafe at the Sydney airport as I type, getting a final fix before he departs.

    Also, I am quite sure that he is exaggerating. Surely he will miss me and bub more than the internet. Hmmm... quite sure. Surely??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary Harper reports this morning that a Connex Train was delaying traffic due to it being stuck at a crossing from the icy snap freeze overnight. An angry passenger with her baby told police that she missed an exclusive offer to buy tickets to an awsome soccor match due to the delay.

    Meanwhile Apostropher hides in his low tech beach hut, afraid to come out untill the sun has gone down.

    ReplyDelete