Thursday, July 27, 2006

More delays.

Connex is my new best friend. Sure, sure, they haven’t improved their trains’ punctuality or lowered the contact point for their SMS delay service, but they did send me free stuff! And who can resist the wooing power of free stuff?!


I really love the imagery for their current campaign. I think it was a bold move by whoever pitched the concept, and an even bolder one by whoever approved it. I like that it avoids the common, safe and boring diverse blend of ages and ethnicities, with equal representation of males and females, easily and successfully using [insert your product here], and goes instead for giant, rampaging beavers, guinea pigs, Venus fly-traps and fleets of flying saucers all wreaking havoc.

“Giant, rampaging what?! Our valued customers can’t relate to a giant beaver! No, no; we need large, glossy, full-colour prints of a diverse blend of ages and races, with equal representation of men and women, of course, all being successfully engaged and assisted by one of our many, friendly Connex Service Executives. Now that’s the ticket! Sign off on that one, beaver boy.”


I thought some sample images might go well with this post, but rather than try and track down the right number of bus shelters and billboards dotted across town, I thought I’d go right to the source. A quick email to Connex got an even quicker reply! Christie told me she had “a spare copy of each poster” if I would like them, and that I could go in to pick them up, or she could even post them directly to me if I’d like! The next day, there they were. They should put Christie in charge of the SMS service. So 10 out of 10 for customer service, Connex. (Even if the “set” did end up being only two posters, not the expected five. But I no complain).


So, attention Connex, my next irritable rant has been delayed, and is now expected in… oh, I don’t know. Some time later. I apologise for any hurt feelings I’ve caused.

6 comments:

  1. They gave you a FREE poster?!

    I LOVE CONNEX

    Those Posters are GREAT, despite the insincerity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not one, but two! It's an extra service of goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you get the who series on two posters? Like one on the front and the other on the back etc... or did they give you 'part' of the series so you will always be frustrated when you look at them, knowing that there are more out there...

    Kind of like when you own one DVD of the Police academy series, or even two... You cannot even look at them in your shelf as you know there is another 8 out there for you to collect.

    I still just think they are messing with your mind... I consider that to be like getting 5 nuggets insted of six. I would not be happy and I will be taking it up with your supervisor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So did you get the who series on two posters?

    No, I got two posters from a set of five. I've photographed the guinea pig and the chicken myself, and will have to track down the venus fly-trap.

    You cannot even look at them in your shelf as you know there is another 8 out there for you to collect.

    Bomber, that's me exactly. I need to complete a set or I'll burn the lot, which is why one day I guess I'll buy the Prequels. I almost threw out Pearl Jam's first four albums because I don't like the rest and so my set'll never be complete. I took my Harry Potter books off the shelf because they changed the style of cover art and so my set wouldn't match. I won't buy four books of a set in one style and three in another. But this is a whole other post... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I ever mentioned that my copies of Heir To The Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command are all from different editions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe. No, but I am not surprised. Your bookshelves make me shudder. As does your DVD collection. I know you have a system, and I applaud your having a system, but in my world sets need to stay together, regardless of whether they've been watched or not, or whatever.

    ReplyDelete