Thursday, October 06, 2005

Not brought to you by television

A friend of mine was commenting on the lack of posts on this, my blog. “The point of a blog,” he told me, “is to update it regularly.” My blog had been online for a week and I had only two posts, one of which said nothing more than “test”. ( I was still trying to get the hang of the system, you see). Suitably chastised, I committed myself to going forward achieving an enhanced rate of posting outcomes.

Thinking about it now though, based on my experience of the average blog, I think I could well conclude that the point of a blog is to update it as infrequently as possible! And then wear that attitude as a badge of honour. Too cool for school. I think we’re often more excited by the idea of a blog, than by actually maintaining it. I certainly want to post frequently, it’s just finding the time in the day. I think I’m watching too much TV these days, you know. I think that’s the problem. It’s not leaving enough time for me to do all the things I want to do. But when friends keep dumping truckloads of quality AVIs in front of my house; I’m only human!

No, got to be strong. TV sucks. (I’m not upset). Got to write...

2 comments:

  1. And is your life really that interesting to warrant a blog?
    Oh, and I think you should know that Temuera Morrison did an excellent job at capturing the grace and deadly skill of the galaxies most feared bounty hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean my life specifically? Or all our lives in general? Personally I don't believe that my life is, but I try not to fly in the face of public opinion.

    But Temuera Morrison didn't play Boba Fett? Oh, you're talking about Jango Fett? Sorry, I got confused because your description describes both of them. Actually, almost any description does for both of them. A colour scheme is sadly the only variable between the two. But don't get me started. :-)

    I don't know if Temuera Morrison did an "excellent" job, I'd say more acceptable, but you can only work with what you're given. Michelangelo couldn't have sculpted David out of poo.

    ReplyDelete