Monday, February 18, 2008

A Very Concise History of the Milk Run.

Bart boasted to us that he could drink 2L of full-cream milk and run a lap around the Templestowe Primary School oval.

Bart was wrong.

Bart drank close to 2L of full-cream milk and ralphed it all back out in a streaming torrent of white.

Bart never boasted of his milk-drinking abilities again.

The End.

UPDATE: Correspondence entered into:
Apostropher: "Actually, didn't you have some girlfriend there who told us all to stop laughing at you? Ha, ha, ha."
Bart: "yeah sonia - we broke up later that day - it was valentine's day 1995. I drank 2L of milk, spewed and broke up with her - I was a lot cooler back then."

FURTHER READING:
A Concise History of All Things FNO
A Concise History of The Annual Christmas Stolp
A Concise History of The Annual Christmas Slurpee Toss
A Concise History of the Super Slurpee Demolition Competition

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know of my strongly negative opinion of the practice of "stealth" editing of posts to hide mistakes.

    But I'm willing to forgive a heck of a lot from a post which contains the following paragraph:

    Bart was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. Your attitude has been noted, Mr Rivers.

    Normally I'd strike (grr, Blogger comments won't let me strike) altered text, but I didn't feel there was enough difference between 'drank around 1.5L' and 'drank close to 2L' to justify interrupting the flow of the piece. I'm sure that won't be good enough for you, but it'll just have to do.

    ReplyDelete