Thursday, February 12, 2009

When I Get All Steamed Up.

One of Winter's favourite songs is that old classic, I'm A Little Teapot. She's been singing it all the time of late, and will often stop and point out things that remind her of a teapot. Which is all fine, cute and wonderful when, for example, she's pointing at one of Kate's earrings...


...but not so good when it's at one of my Batman figures.


She even grabbed the Dark Knight and poured him like a teapot. Come on, Winter. A little respect, please. Teapot? Prrrrffbbb.

Although, to be honest, I have always found this pose a little awkward. I'm not saying he does look like a teapot, but he does look somewhat like he's in the middle of a posing routine. Can you believe how much he is in heaven? But heaven or not, he's always seemed like he was missing something, and it wasn't until I moved house recently that I realised what it was. Unpacking all my Batman figures from their moving box, I put this one up on the window sill next to my desk. Then, in a moment of serendipity, I noticed the dangling cord of the window's blind, and suddenly everything swung into place...


Simply couldn't imagine a more perfect spot for him.

Right. I think I fancy a cup of tea.

UPDATE
"Heaven" link above updated to actual video on YouTube. You'd think I would have learned to stop linking to static text-based pages of quotes when I did the same thing over two years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Now,what is he doing with the "rope"?

    On first impression it seems he might be absailing (repelling.. for you Americans)but he is looking upwards.. and when you absail your generally looking down, to see where you're going. So is he about to use the rope to climb up? No.. as he has the rope curling behind his back.. a weight and strength securing position.. So what is he securing? Securing heavy loads are generally loads that are below you.. or at least moving away for you.. So the only load moving upwards and away from Batman that he may want to secure and which is big enough to match his Ego.. I think must be a Helicoptor of an escaping criminal.. Yep, a Helicoptor.. and I know he wont win the tug of war with said helicopter.. but it will lead into a classic Batman action sequence, where he is struggling to hold on and avoid banging into buildings and such.. until he gets a luck moment to snag the rope onto a secure point, causing the helicopter to whine and screetch before smashing into a teapot factory.. where Batman will grit his teeth as he lifts up the helicopter, tips it over and pours out the baddie.. Yep, I'm right here Mr Nolan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a future in screenwriting for Hollywood, CK. There's no denying it. I was thinking the helicopter could drag him over the rooftops until Batman pulled out a can of bat-helicopter repellent from his bat-utility belt, spraying the helicopter and forcing it to explode, at which point he plummets back to earth, but it's okay because he turns a piece of falling debris into a surfboard and air-surfs back down to the ground! No, too unrealistic. Sorry. Got carried away.

    ReplyDelete