Monday, November 20, 2006

Nice day for it.

I just received a text message, the like of which I’ve never received before. It reads:
Need some1 4 xxx show in Redfern asap pl call if any1 wants it. Ta
It’s always nice to be needed, but I’m not sure how much help I can be, as my sweet dance moves are unlikely to leave the punters crying out for more. Just crying, more likely. With laughter.

Even if they wanted me on a seat, not the table, and even if that sort of thing was my bag baby, as I live over 1000kms from Redfern, I doubt my ‘ASAP’ would be S enough.

Still, I am flattered to be asked.

8 comments:

  1. Whats the number? I will call 'em! They could be handy people to know for November 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handy if we were planning to be in Redfern, perhaps. Or do you just mean they might be able to provide some handy tips for planning a successful Buck's Do? (Or, as my Dad calls it, a Buck's Turn.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could send someone down with the tub full of lube.

    Did you replay at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know, the tub of lube had completely slipped my mind? What would I do without you, Bombalomba?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and no, I didn't replay or reply. What would I say? "I'm there if you'll cover my airfare to Sydney?" Oh, sorry: "b their 2moz if ul cover fare 2 syd?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, speaking of sms abbreviations, whihc is much worse than my spelling by the way... I read the in New Zealand students can write essays using txt abbreviations. What an absolute disgrace that is.

    Should have just replied 'See you in 10'. And left it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you need to see this!!!!!! hahaha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euALVl-U3Y

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, thanks for the link, but you really should have posted this on the Catablog. I almost didn't check it out as, given the tone of this post, I feared it might lead to a video featuring a tub full of lube... :-)

    Now. Where's my chequebook?

    ReplyDelete